How might Swedish Massage benefit you?
- reducing lower back pain and improving trunk flexion (Field, Hernandez-Reif, Diego et al, 2007)
- releasing toxins built up in tight and contracted soft tissue
- relaxing and warming the skin and tired tense muscles
- decreasing cortisol levels (stress response amongst other processes) according to (Field, 2014)
- increasing oxytocin, a feel-good hormone (Morhenn, Beavin and Zak, 2012)
- managing the stress of Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.) symptoms. It is considered a safe treatment for individuals with M.S. (Schroeder, Doig and Premkumar, 2014) and
- increasing postural awareness.
Why Absolute Therapy?
- You will receive a warm greeting. Come to relax, unwind and recharge in a peaceful, warm comfortable room with daylight or the hypnotic glow of candlelight.
- Attention will be paid to the areas you wish to be concentrated on. Holistic or Therapeutic Massage uses a range of manipulations, the aims of which are to induce the softening of hyper tense muscles to bring about warmth, nourishment and encourage a feeling of healthiness.
How does it work?
It is considered that a range of massage techniques affect both sensory and motor nerves by naturally warming the skin and sub layers of soft tissue. As the body warms up it functions more efficiently with blood flow being carried to and from muscles, organs, glands and bones thereby nourishing these areas and removing metabolic waste from the body more quickly. Therapeutic massage is also believed to trigger the brain into communicating with glands to release endorphins (feel good hormones) (Rosser, 2004).
Massage Therapy for Health Purposes